Elementary School Presentations
Since 1988 we have been bringing the farm to elementary school students around the region.
These presentations are fully hands on experience for your students to enhance and enrich your farm and community curriculum. Farmer Nelson grew up on a dairy, hog, poultry, crop farm and taught vocational agriculture at high school level.
November - "Tom," the 50 pound turkey visits your classroom (usually K-4th grade)
March and April- "Perfect" the piglet visits your classroom (usually K-3rd grade)
Elementary School Presentation Details
(applicable K-4th grade)
- 45 minute presentation -"hands on"
- Short video shown - school to provide TV and VCR
- Classrooms work best as most gyms and lunch rooms have poor acoustics
- Each session is for 2 or 3 class rooms combined maximum 50-60 students participation
- When possible students should be grouped on floor away from desks for best observation
- $150 minimum / school
- $150 minimum / 1/2 day / school
- $180 per 6 classes
- $210 per 7 classes